Iron is considered essential for the body, as it works to provide health benefits in various ways.
Its importance can be understood in such a way that diseases and many types of problems can arise due to iron deficiency. Therefore, doctors recommend taking iron-rich food along with other nutrients.
Iron is found in which food
Iron is a type of mineral, It is found naturally in many foods, so it is added to many food products. Below are some foods that will help increase your iron.
- Nuts and seeds
- Boiled potatoes
- Iron-rich serials, flour, and bread
- Dark green leafy vegetables
- Pulses and Sprouted Pulses
- Non-vegetarian food
- Dark chocolate
Apart from this, it also reduces the level of bad cholesterol. Along with balancing cholesterol levels, it is also beneficial for the health of your bones.
1. Nuts and seeds
Nuts and seeds are a good source of iron and protein. And if you are a vegetarian, then eating them can be especially beneficial for you.
- To get a wide variety of nutrients, eat different fruits and seeds.
- You can add nuts to your fruit salad for breakfast, you can also add fruits to the kheer, etc. increase your iron food.
- They can be mixed and eaten in a leafy salad.
Seeds like sesame, sunflower seeds, flaxseed, rye, and whole coriander can be mixed in a variety of foods.
2. Boiled potatoes
Potato peels are a good source of iron. So eat potatoes with peels, so that you can get the full benefit from them. Methi Aloo, Aloo Parwal, and even Apple Chaat, etc. can be prepared by adding potatoes along with peels, they taste good.
If you like baked food, you can eat cheese and sprouts on peeled potatoes (jacket potato). You can also cook or bake new potatoes and sweet potatoes with peels.
3. Iron rich serials, flour, and bread
Choose from a wide variety of iron-rich grains and a wide variety of whole wheat, Brown bread,
- iron-fortified flour or breakfast cereal etc. are some options for you.
- Making missi roti by mixing various cereal flours is also a good way to get nutrients.
- Whole grains are very important during pregnancy.
As they contain dietary fiber along with essential nutrients, which prevents constipation.
You can easily add sesame to your diet by eating sesame and jaggery chikki or revdi. It helps to increase your iron in your body in the iron rich diet.
- Jaggery is also a source of iron.
- Apart from this, you can also add jaggery in place of sugar in kheer or lemonade, etc.
- You get both iron and vitamin C by adding jaggery to lemonade, which helps the body to absorb iron.
- The date jaggery gives nutrients as well as a different taste.
Make sure you wear the ISI mark, buy only freshly packed jaggery, which is safe to eat and free of adulteration.
5. Dark green leafy vegetables
Green leafy vegetables are a rich source of iron. As much as possible, eat vegetables made of fenugreek, mustard, amaranth, bathua, coriander, mint, turnip, green onion, and radish, etc.
Other iron-rich vegetables are green cabbage, cotton, tomato, khumb (mushroom), beetroot, pumpkin, sweet potato, Singh pod, and lotus cucumber.
6. Pulses and Sprouted Pulses
Some examples of these are red or black lentils, gram, Kabuli chana, lobhiya, rajma, and soybean, etc.
- Include different types of lentils, beans, and beans in your diet.
- You can increase the amount of iron by adding green vegetables like spinach, bathua, fenugreek, and radish leaves to your lentils.
- Adding a few drops of lemon juice to lentils helps in the absorption of iron in the body.
- If you are troubled by nausea, eating lentils with lemons will probably be easier for you.
Although the smell of lentils may cause vomiting too many expectant mothers, the smell of lemons is often considered helpful in curing nausea.
7. Non-vegetarian food
Iron in non-vegetarian foods is more easily absorbed by the body than vegetarian sources of iron.
- Cook chicken or mutton with green leaves such as fenugreek or spinach leaves, so that you can get an extra iron rich diet.
- Also, before eating, sprinkle a few drops of fresh lemon juice on your food.
- Consumption of kaleji is often recommended as a source of iron.
- However, many experts do not recommend eating kaleji during pregnancy.
So if you are a non-vegetarian, then include various varieties of well-cooked chicken and low-fat red meat in your diet.
8. Dark chocolate
According to research published on the NCBI website, dark chocolate can be beneficial for health.
- Dark chocolate can be used to relieve fatigue, indigestion, and gastrointestinal (intestinal disorder) problems.
- Its use has also been considered beneficial for reducing mucus and depression, diuretics, and aphrodisiacs.
- It is also a good source of minerals like flavonoids and caffeine as well as magnesium, iron, and zinc.
Apart from this, lack of iron in the body can cause diseases like breathing problems, headaches, irritability, and anemia.
Iron rich diet
What physical problems can arise from iron deficiency and its excess. Therefore, be sure to include iron-rich foods in your daily diet.
- fish and seafood
Some fruits are a better source of iron than others. Fruits are easily available and are a good snack option. You can eat fruits as a whole or as a salad.
- Iron-rich fruits include pomegranate, berries, grapes, apricots – especially if it is dry.
- half-dry, potato Bukhara, strawberries, butter fruit, and phalsa.
- Watermelon, grapefruit, apple, banana, and orange also contain some amount of iron.
Apart from this, fruit juice, milkshakes, or fresh fruit can also be made by making smoothies.
2. fish and seafood
Fish and shellfish rich in vitamins and minerals are an important part of a healthy diet.
- They are also a good source of iron.
- If you like to eat a lot of fish, then try to eat different kinds of fish.
- Alternatively, you can eat sawdust, bhangra, sardines, pedways, and Mahaseer.
- Fishes that have low levels of contaminants, such as haddock, ranch, Kole, or hake, etc. can also be eaten by you.
Shellfish contain proteins, many types of vitamins, copper, zinc, iron, sodium, and potassium,
- including amino acids, polyunsaturated fatty acids, and nutrients such as carotenoids.
- In addition, it has antimicrobial, antiviral, antitumor.
- antioxidant, cardioprotective, antidiabetic, and neuroprotective properties.
- These properties found in shellfish can jointly work to keep the body healthy.
As far as possible, buy only fresh seasonal fruits. Even if fresh fruits are not available, some amount of vitamins and minerals can also be found from the fruits that come in the can iron rich diet in our body.
Note:– All this information is taken from other resources, before taking them into use, please consult your doctor.